[GNC] Buying with PayPal - how do I split the transaction?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 23:44:57 EST 2022

On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 at 23:01, R Losey <rlosey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm very simple-minded, I guess.
>
> I treat Paypal just an an expense... so, for the transaction above, I
> would enter in the Bank account
>
> Payee: Paypal (Google)
> with the expense category Expenses->Utilities->Internet

I would have suggested that the GnuCash documentation should have something
about how to handle PayPal, but it seems as though   multiple people handle
it multiple different ways. You treat PayPal as an expensive, but I see it
as an asset.

Dave
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom