[GNC] Buying with PayPal - how do I split the transaction?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 06:48:00 EST 2022

On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 at 05:04, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Given the length of this thread and the apparent confusion documenting
> PayPal in GnuCash, it might be helpful for someone to add a section to the
> wiki page at "Using GnuCash" on the different methods people have outlined.
> IMHO, the Guide and Help cover the overall concepts well enough.

Once I get a bit more proficient at the program, I would not mind doing
this.

I saw another thread once on PayPal here about "Pending transactions"
Someone suggested an account was set up for those. I have one such
transaction at the minute, as someone bought a calibration kit, but PayPal
is not going to release all of the money until it is delivered - only part
of it. So I withdrew some, but other money is pending - I don't have access
to it now, but expect to later.