[GNC] Importing Transactions from CSV

David Cousens davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 22:40:53 EST 2022

Mike,

Gnucash can import a single amount column with deposits as negative amounts and
withdrawals as positive amounts without any problem. You may have to experiment
with whether to apply the Deposits or Withdrawals header to that data column
depending on how the bank has used the signs, to get a correct import.  I've
forgotten whether GnuCash remembers the header/column assignments in the stored
import conditions as I rarely import CSV data these days but I think it does,
so once you have a set of import conditions that work you can save them and then
recall them anytime you need to import from that source.
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-help/trans-import.html
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/CSV_Import/Export

David Cousens