[GNC] Reconciling PayPal

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 05:52:49 EST 2022

On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 at 09:49, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 09:42:13 +0000
> "Dr. David Kirkby" <drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > It’s annoying that the sellers names are not shown, as here in the UK
> > it’s a legal requirement to have that information if one is running a
> > limited liability company. Also the buyers name, unless one is
> > running a retail store.
>
> The sellers' names came from Paypal.
> I redacted them.

I just checked, and I can't see the seller, except under two circumstances

* eBay transactions, where it says "eBay UK", but not the real name of the
seller.
* Royal Mail Limited.

I don't know why our postal service is treated differently, but it is.

I know one can download the transactions in multiple csv formats, giving
more or less information. I might try downloading other formats, in the
hope the information will be present.

Dave