[GNC] New PC

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Thu Dec 15 10:25:20 EST 2022

On 12/14/2022 6:57 PM, R Losey wrote:
> The data file (files) are the key thing. I recently updated both my iMac
> (new machine) and my Linux box (disk wipe and re-install). The data files I
> used are stored on my home NAS, so that all computers can see the file.
>
> I did notice that I lost the reports, but since I didn't have many of them,
> I merely re-created them.
>
> In addition, the register settings and the like were apparently saved
> locally, but again, it wasn't that hard for me to re-set some of the things.
>
> Maybe next time, I'll pay attention to where those are so that
> everything can be restored.

It would perhaps be a good idea to explain WHERE that other user data is
stored so that users so gnucash can include that in their gnucash
back-ups (and so in moves to a different computer). I don't mean just on
the list, but also in the documentation under back-up instructions. I
realize that the location might be different for different OS's.

Michael D Novack