[GNC] New User: initial help getting up and running

Eric Chapman ecnews at etchapman.com
Sun Dec 18 15:20:54 EST 2022

Hi, everyone,

I just downloaded Gnucash-Intel-4.12-1.dmg for Mac. I plan to install in
on Ventura (MacOS 13.1) on a late 2018 Mac Mini (Intel). I'm trying to
migrate from another software on a Windows virtual machine on the Mac.

I have some questions:

(1) Is it likely that Gnucash will be made available for M1 and M2 Macs
in the future? From what I can tell, it is for Intel Macs only, so if
there is no future for the later ones, maybe I should not go this route.

(2) I read much of the README.TXT file. With the .dmg file I downloaded
install everything I need or do the instructions under "Dependencies"
and "Building and Installing" mean that I have to start with getting all
that stuff on the Mac first?

(3) Is there a "New User Guide" somewhere on the web that can be
accessed? Tutorials?

Thank you!

Eric Chapman