[GNC] Best practice to change name of GnuCash file ("book")?

Eric Chapman ecnews at etchapman.com
Tue Dec 20 10:45:37 EST 2022

Murugan,

That did not work. Now it looks as if I lost everything. I closed down
GnuCash, changed the name from xxx.gnucash to yyy.gnucash, and clicked
on yyy.gnucash. A splash screen came up and asked if I wanted to delete
something, and I said "Yes" (dumb move, I guess!).

Now it opens yyy.gnucash and there is nothing there. Asks if I want to
import something.

So I changed yyy.gnucash back to xxx.gnucash, and same thing. I did not
make a back up of xxx.gnucash, so I guess I have the opportunity to
correct things when I start over :)

Eric