[GNC] Best practice to change name of GnuCash file ("book")?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Dec 20 16:10:00 EST 2022

Those are backup files. (explained in the Help you said you were reading...)

If you need to restore it, open GnuCash, then File > Open and choose
that backup.

Then File > Save As, and give it the original or desired name.

You can then delete the backup and mangled 'original' file if desired.

Regards,
Adrien