[GNC] QIF account name for dividend

Fred Tydeman tydeman.fred at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 17:25:01 EST 2022

I am trying to set the account name for a dividend payment in a brokerage
account by putting it in the QIF file as follows:

!Type:invst
D12/16'22
NDiv
Ybrookfield infra
CX
T288.28
Mbrookfield infra
L[Income:Tybor:fidelity:div:brookfield infra]
^

However, when I do the File: Import: QIF, the Match QIF accounts with
GnuCash accounts, I get (for both QIF and GnuCash):
Income:Dividends:Assets:Tybor:Fidelity:brookfield infra

This is after typing in: Assets:Tybor:Fidelity
as the Account name for the QIF file.

Is it possible to alter the QIF file so that dividends get the correct
account name?

I am running GnuCash 4.12 on Fedora Linux 37.