[GNC] Do I need to set up multiple bank accounts for different currencies?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Thu Dec 22 10:56:13 EST 2022

My Bank is a UK bank, but I sometimes buy things in $HKD, and fairly
regularly receive payments in USD and EUR in addition to the obvious GBP.
Should I set up accounts like this? (American's call them checking
accounts, but we don't here).

Assets: Current Assets: Bank Account (GBP)
Assets: Current Assets: Bank Account (USD)
Assets: Current Assets: Bank Account (EUR)
Assets: Current Assets: Bank Account (HKD)

It's the one bank account - I don't have different account numbers for
different currencies, and can't hold balances in anything other than GBP.

I initially assumed I needed 4 accounts for 4 currencies, but now I'm
wondering if I can avoid that complexity, given I can only have a balance
in GBP.

Dave