[GNC] "Path Head for Linked Files Relative Paths" - per file setting?

tuuranton at tutanota.de tuuranton at tutanota.de
Fri Dec 23 12:51:07 EST 2022

Hi

How does that solve anything? If you send your .gnucash file to your accountant/taxman they won't be able to open any files because they're assumed to be in

file://C:\Users\<NAME>\Documents\business1\

and their <Name> is likely completely different (assuming they're even on Windows) and additionally and additionally they might save business1 not directly under Documents:

file://C:\Users\<DIFFERENT_NAME>\Documents\Somewhere\Else\business1\

Regards
TA

-----
Glenn Fowler
 Fri Dec 23 12:39:06 EST 2022

 Hi TA,You are correct, it is global.What I do is use "Linked Location" instead of "Linked File" and just enterthe path. For example:file://C:\Users\<NAME>\Documents\business1\MyReceipt.pdf

-----

Dec 23, 2022, 18:17 by tuuranton at tutanota.de: