[GNC] What determines the order of transaction is CSV file?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sat Dec 24 07:32:59 EST 2022

On Fri, 23 Dec 2022 at 21:24, Dr. David Kirkby <
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk> wrote:

> I exported a list of transactions, then opened them in the LibraOffice
> spreadsheet. The transactions seem to be in a random order. Since they are
> split across multiple lines, it would not be possible to just sort them on
> the date column. I'm sure there must be some logic to it, but I can't see
> it. Below is a list of the dates of the transactions. Is there a way to get
> them saved in chronological order?

I made some progress on this. If export transactions on Linux,  the order
is indeed random. (I have not tried Windows yet). But if I export an
individual register (bank account for example), having first sorted them in
whatever order I want (date, amount etc), then they remain in the order I
sorted them in.

I'm reluctant to claim it's a bug, as it might be my fault. There are no
options on the export function to export transactions in any particular
order. I would have thought date is the most logical as a default.

Dave