[GNC] Feature request - prevent a transaction with todays date

Ken Farley farleykj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 14:15:03 EST 2022

"Go to a backup file" Why? You know you can change the date on a
transaction after it has been entered, right? You can use the "+" and
"-" keys to move up and down as many days as you want. The transactions
are not permanently entered and unalterable.

About 90% or more of the transactions I enter are "today" transaction -
payments, purchases, deposits, withdrawals, charges, etc. Not having the
date default to today would be annoying.

If I enter a transaction and it's supposed to have been in the past, oh
well it's at the very end of the register, the register opens up to it.
I can just fix the date to move it to the proper region of the register.
If I accidentally enter a transaction with a past date, it disappears to
the past I'll only notice it if this happens to be an account I
reconcile...maybe.