[GNC] Feature request - prevent a transaction with todays date

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Dec 27 00:50:58 EST 2022

On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 at 00:27, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> When entering more than one transaction in a session,  new transactions
> default to the same date last used, so the existing shortcuts metioned in a
> previous comment often work.

If you create a bill, then entering multiple items then defaults to the
original date. However, once posted, the next thing to do is pay it. The
payment date defaults to the current date.

> If it happens that you are editing multiple historical transactions,  they
> are likely close together as well.

Yes they are, but after posting a bill or invoice, it’s easy to pay it 6
months later by mistake.

> If I had that sort of switch,  I would be forgetting to reset it when
> done.

It would only need a window that pops up and says “You have configured
GnuCash not enter todays date. Change that by selecting Preferences…”

Dave
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom