[GNC] Settings not respected

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Dec 27 07:30:12 EST 2022

Hi,

There is a bug ins gnucash 4.12 and earlier in which settings may not be retrieved/set when
there is more than one path on your system with gsettings schemas.

I'm not sure what the typical paths on Debian are, but on Fedora the schemas for system
packages end up in
/usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/
While locally built schemas typically end up in
/usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas/

If there are schema files in both locations (not necessarily gnucash related), a gnucash
installed from a deb package will not find its schema files in the former location and hence
settings will not work.

Typically you'd have plenty of errors or warnings about this in the gnucash.trace file (which
John suggested to check for).

This was fixed for gnucash 4.13 only. So perhaps you are suffering from this bug ?

Regards,

Geert