[GNC] Feature request - prevent a transaction with todays date

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Dec 27 20:55:25 EST 2022

As others have noted, there is no need for reverting to a backup file to
make changes.

And when you do so, are you then reverting back to the 'current file'?
(you weren't particularly clear on that point)

If so, you've now got 2 files with different transactions!

And I use the business features regularly, and quite often am entering
for previous dates. I fail to notice any issue with doing so. I'm not
sure why you are finding a problem. Is it really too much to ask to pay
attention to what you are doing? (or slow down a tad in order to do so?)

If you have lots of old invoices you are trying to enter, consider
creating a spreadsheet for import. See the Help file for the proper
format. There are also a few threads here over the years on the topic.

You can then also import a spreadsheet of payments just to get the data
entry done.

Once those two steps are complete, you then need to bring up a list of
payments from a Find perhaps, and right-click to 'Assign as Payment' to
link each one to their proper invoice. (sadly that can't be imported as
far as I'm aware)

Regards,
Adrien