[GNC] Add top-level account for both Income (Revenue) and Expenses (Other [Non-Operating] Income And Expenses)

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Dec 27 21:20:39 EST 2022

1–5 already exist of course.

6 can be a sub-account of 3, or another top-level equity account.

Personally, I'd go with sub-account, then export my P&L/Income Statement
reports to a spreadsheet app to break off lines affecting 6 into their
own section as is traditional for its use case.

That takes more work, but otherwise, you'd need to write a custom Income
Statement to treat 6-level accounts as distinct with their own section
of the report. (and presumably relabel 4&5 as an 'Operating' section
with their own sub-total.)

Regards,
Adrien