[GNC] GNUCash - Total Assets <> Total Liabilities + Equity

Sebastian Naumann naumann at mercatorz.com
Wed Dec 28 16:53:33 EST 2022

Hi everyone,

I have a small issue here arising, from what I believe, the Exchange rates.

Background:

  * The entity I am working on received a Loan in EUR and decided to set
    their Common Stock Capital to 1000 EUR instead of 1000 USD.
  * The entity operated for one year only and will be closed as of
    12/31/2022
  * All outstanding loans were already reclassed (as part of closing the
    accounts) to other Income as "Cancellation of Debt Income". This is
    approved by the CPA.

The situation at this point:

  * *All Invoices and bills have been paid in full!!!*
  * *Trial Balance is good -> Debits = Credits
    *
  * I closed out all the accounts, including the Bank Account which was
    closed yesterday -> Hence there are $0.00 Assets.
  * On the other side of the Balance Sheet, we only have
      o the Common Stock for 1000 EUR, which is converted to 1062.15 USD
        as of the latest exchange rate used -> *SO FAR SO GOOD.*
      o The Retained Earnings, which are the loss for the current year
        -> *All good here too*.
      o "*Unrealized Losses"* of $116.52, which, from a logical
        standpoint can only come from the FX Adjustment on Common Stock
        (see snip below)
      o Equity + Liabilites is now $21.55 vs Total Assets of $0.00

However, how come this does not balance? Anyone have this issue before?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sebastian Naumann
*US Compliance Manager*

*MERCATORZ INTERNATIONAL GmbH & Co. KG*
Klingholzstr. 7
65189 Wiesbaden

Web: www.mercatorz.com <https://www.mercatorz.com>
E-Mail: naumann at mercatorz.com
PGP Fingerprint: DBCF ED37 6B00 25DE C469 5E0B E6B0 15C4 E292 430E
Tel. (direkt): +49 (0) 611 95 00 96-11
Tel.: +49 (0) 611 95 00 96-00

*Buchen Sie Ihr Erstgespräch
<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/Kundentermine@mercatorz.com/bookings/>*

Sitz: DE-65189 Wiesbaden
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Wiesbaden, HRA 11324

Vertreten durch: MERCATORZ Verwaltungs GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Michael Kempe
Sitz: DE-65189 Wiesbaden
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Wiesbaden, HRB 32973

/Vertraulichkeitserklärung / Legal Notice
Diese E-Mail enthält Informationen, die rechtlich geschützt oder
vertraulich sein können. Sie ist ausschließlich für den angegebenen
Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sein oder
diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte
unverzüglich den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das
unerlaubte Kopieren oder Offenlegen sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe
dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail contains information that may be privileged or confidential.
It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error please
notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is
strictly forbidden.

Schützen Sie den Wald und die Umwelt! Bitte drucken Sie diese E-Mail nur
aus, wenn es nötig ist./