[GNC] Feature request - prevent a transaction with todays date

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Wed Dec 28 18:35:48 EST 2022

On 12/28/2022 11:11 AM, R Losey wrote:
> That would be an interesting poll (about when one enters data)...
>
> I put all receipts in a drawer and enter them into GnuCash weekly, and
> after that, they get filed.

What I have been saying, not "real time". The "today" date (the day
once  week when you enter them) is irrelevant with regard to the date
you want to use for the transaction date.

That gnucash defaults to "today" is a nuisance but only a minor one in
the sense that any date gnucash began with as the default unlikely to be
the correct date for the transaction.

Michael D Novack