[GNC] gnucash-user Digest, Vol 237, Issue 113

Chris Skudder cskudder at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 29 18:22:08 EST 2022

   FWIW, I'm another who enters most txn's on the same day I make them.
   IMHO, one of the great and beautiful advantages of GnuCash over
   Quickbooks Online (which I must use to do our church's accounts) - is
   that GC opens basically instantaneously. There's no network latency, no
   login, no "let's make sure it's really you" and "let's verify your cell
   number," no clicking thru "Don't you want to sign up for our payroll
   service, and our credit card processing service" and Lord knows what
   else, before I can do what "I" want to do, versus what Intuit wants me
   to do.
   For me, I can open the computer from standby, open GnuCash, enter the
   txn, and stash the receipt "off the deck" somewhere, quite a bit faster
   than try to find receipts later, find time, remember what they're for,
   + etc.
   Realizing everybody's different ... but my own 1 vote is to keep the
   date default "today", or at least to give a user the OPTION to default
   txn dates to today.
   So hooray for open source software, and for the talented and dedicated
   peep's who do the coding that I don't know how to do.
   Thank you to you all.
   Chris