[GNC] How to "Get Quotes" for a specific day?

gnucash_2022 at michaelaltfield.net gnucash_2022 at michaelaltfield.net
Thu Dec 29 23:06:42 EST 2022

How can I tell GNU Cash to update its "Price Database" for all known currencies, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc for a *specific* day?

I'm trying trying to prepare a report for a date in the past. I've set the `Options` for the report to `nearest in time` so that it will grab the prices for the commodities from the Price Database that are closest to the date of the report as possible.

 * https://gnucash-docs-rst.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guide/C/ch_invest.html?highlight=price%20database#the-price-source-in-reports

Well, I checked the Price Database, and I have gaps in the prices for some of my stocks. For many stocks, I don't have any prices defined for the day of the report. Therefore, my report may be inaccurate.

I know that I can go to `Tools` -> `Price Database` and click the `Get Quotes` button. This will fetch the current quote (price) and add it to the Price Database for all defined currencies, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc. But that will fetch and add the prices for *today's date* only.

How can I do the equivalent of `Get Quotes` but for a specific day in the *past*?

(see also https://superuser.com/questions/1760157/how-to-get-quotes-for-all-currencies-and-stocks-for-a-specific-day-gnu-cash)