[GNC] Scary moment

R Losey rlosey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 11:43:47 EST 2022

I was doing preliminary tax workup earlier this week, and (to my surprise),
there were some transactions mentioned that I thought I'd entered last
Friday... (I only noticed because they weren't there in the report I was
using). Anyway, I entered them, verified that they showed up on the report,
and went my way.

This morning, I opened GnuCash to do regular data entry for the week, and
those same transactions were missing again.

It was scary... possibly even scarey.

My first thought was that I had accidentally opened an old version of the
data file, but it did not appear to be so.  My next was that there was a
problem between 4.12 and 4.13... I had entered the transactions on 4.12
under MacOs, and was on 4.13 on Windows 10 earlier.

I re-entered the missing transactions again and closed and
re-opened GnuCash, and they were there, so I'm not sure what happened.

But it was frightening to ponder how many transactions that I didn't catch
may be missing.

I'm hoping that I just forgot to save the data file the other day, but that
is pretty rare for me.

I just updated my MacOS GnuCash version to 4.13.... and I ran a file check
that completed without problems.

--
Richard Losey
rlosey at gmail.com