[GNC] Scary moment

Simon Roberts simon at dancingcloudservices.com
Fri Dec 30 13:50:22 EST 2022

New user (refugee from Intuit, finally) question on this topic:

Given that these days we tend to have vast disks, and they're often very
fast SSDs, I'm inclined to enable auto-save and set a relatively short
interval (perhaps as little as a minute?)

Are there issues with doing this that I've not thought of? If my file gets
to several years worth, will it get large enough that this actually takes a
non-trivial amount of time? Will it be unmanageable for other reasons?

Thanks for your wisdom,
Simon

On Fri, Dec 30, 2022 at 11:16 AM Michael or Penny Novack <
stepbystepfarm at comcast.net> wrote:

> On 12/30/2022 1:02 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > I suppose there could have been a bug..
> >
> > GnuCash is supposed to prevent you from exiting if there is unsaved data.
>
> > However, I suppose there COULD be a way for you to shut down / close
> > GnuCash in a way that prevents it from popping up that dialog box.
> >
> > -derek
>
> Of course there is. Simply shut down the computer over riding an "there
> are apps still open" warnings.
>

> Michael D Novack

Simon Roberts
(303) 249 3613