[GNC] Deleting Transaction from Reconcile Deletes Wrong Transaction

Thomas Forrester tlforrester at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 16:16:16 EST 2022

I won't actually be experimenting on copies of databases, not because I
don't want to be helpful or contribute to the community, but because I
simply don't have that kind of free  time.  I've noted a problem, and can
agree that I was doing something rather mindless - i.e., right-clicking and
choosing to delete a transaction multiple times because there were three
identical transactions.  That I didn't realize something was going wrong is
somewhat explainable by the fact that, once one (should have been) deleted,
another would have moved up to take its place since they appeared one after
the other, so the row currently being deleted would look just like the
last.  When I deleted three, then I came to realize I still had three
left.  That realization was followed by the realization that the left side
of the screen was looking a little shorter on transactions than before.
And sure enough, stuff had been deleted from the wrong side.  I don't know
why,  My purpose here is to get it on the radar of the developers so they
can review the code to see if there's a problem with the selection logic.
And I'm sorry I won't be able to contribute more than that.

Thanks.