[GNC] Scary moment

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Dec 31 12:51:04 EST 2022

Not boring. Well detailed, thanks!

It looks like that rules out file-access issues.

Okay, last gasp here:

For safety, I'd make 2 copies for testing.

1. Update prices via GUI rather than CLI. Check if transactions
disappear. Exit, reopen, check again. Since you were running the CLI
update on Linux, perhaps I'd test that first.

2. On a second copy, do the CLI update again. Check for missing
transactions. If so, you'd know this is repeatable.

If Both #1 & #2 corrupt data, then the issue is in the price update code.

If just #2, then it is something in gnucash-cli but not the GUI.

As I understand it, gnucash-cli is just a different interface to the
same code the GUI uses, but since there is not yet clear MVC separation,
there could be significant differences.

I'm sure someone else is using gnucash-cli for price updates. It is
curious that no one else has noticed, or is getting, data corruption.

Regards,
Adrien