[GNC] Don't get this at all

Don Robertson don at robertson.net.nz
Tue Feb 1 02:46:01 EST 2022

Well, I guess it isn't for me. I think computers should save people
time. If I need to open my bank page in my browser and copy the
transactions manually into Gnucash  and make a bill, post it, and pay
it  for every packet of paperclips .... doesn't work for me.

Or I have to manually split each transaction and work out how much sales
tax is involved? I wonder if I still have a calculator in a drawer
somewhere. Or an adding machine? Can you still get the little rolls of
paper for them? Where I come from, if we go to the store and pay $100,
we'd have to multiply by 3 and then divide by 23, to get tax of 13.04 on
a net price of 86.96. The receipt would be emailed and saved into a folder.

Sort of thing that would be easy to program, but I have to type that in
to get the GST? and I suppose 100 - 100*3/23 to get the net price. Simple.

Last time I had to do accounts, I used to think how much easier it would
be to be able to just down load the transactions instead of having to
manually enter everything and calculate the GST. Seems some things
haven't changed.

Seriously, is this how you are still doing things? Retyping data from
one system to another?

--
Don Robertson
021 294 1452