[GNC] report subaccounts totals on stacked barchart

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Tue Feb 1 06:25:24 EST 2022

Hi!

My liabilities have this (pretty common, I think) structure:

Liabilities
 |-AP
 | |- x
 | |- y
 | |- z

 |-Credit Cards
 | |- Bank1
 | | |- x
 | | |- y
 | |
 | |- Bank2
 | |- Bank3

 |-Loans
 | |- Bank1
 | | |- Loan1

 |-Security Deposits     # this is money I'm keeping as deposit
 | |-Apartment1          # for an apartment I'm renting out

 |-Tax Provision
 | |-2021
 | | |- Tax1
 | | |- Tax2
 | |
 | |-2022
 | | |- Tax
 | | |- Tax2

In this, only the leaf accounts actually contain transactions, all the
others are marked as "placeholder".

Now, I'd like to have 2 different "Liabilities barchart"s:
* one very detailed that contains all possibile stacks
* one that contains only the branch totals plus some subaccounts

I'm having troubles figuring out which options I should pick in the
report settings to get the latter.  I'd like to see a barchart
containing a stack for each of the following:
 * AP
 * Credit Cards:Bank1:x
 * Credit Cards:Bank1:y
 * Credit Cards:Bank2
 * Credit Cards:Bank3
 * Loans
 * Tax Provision:2021
 * Tax Provision:2022
Basically, I want specific stacks for all of the credit cards, but only
the total of the other categories.

Currently, if in the report account selection I pick the higher level
account, nothing is shown on the report, probably because it's not
considering the subaccounts.  If I click the "Select Children" button,
then it goes and shows all subaccounts with each subaccounts with one
stack (which is the "detailed" variant that I do want in the other
case).

I'm using gnucash 4.8, I'd be glad if anybody can show me if and how to
accomplish my goal! :)
Thank you in advance!

--
regards,