[GNC] Don't get this at all

flywire flywire0 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 07:20:56 EST 2022

> On Feb 1, 2022, at 1:47 AM, Don Robertson <don at robertson.net.nz> wrote:
> Well, I guess it isn't for me. I think computers should save people
time. If I need to open my bank page in my browser and copy the
transactions manually into Gnucash  and make a bill, post it, and pay it
 for every packet of paperclips .... doesn't work for me.

> Or I have to manually split each transaction and work out how much sales
tax is involved?

Fair points:
* Uploading bank data could be automated more, even if it involves a
manual login
* Splitting tax manually must be fairly unique to GnuCash

It doesn't matter what you want, development is community-driven. If the
developers use OFX and automated tax through accrual business accounting
then they're unlikely to be interested in developing support for other bank
data formats or tax in cash-based accounting. Cash-based business
accounting and tax aren't even covered in the documentation.

These are the things you need to weigh up when evaluating software and
choosing what to use. GnuCash has strengths, there is probably no other
accounting software with such extensive share portfolio support.