[GNC] Bayesian Matching is not working very well

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 01:44:56 EST 2022

I am currently running GnuCash 3.8 in Ubuntu 20.04.  This release has the
'New' generic importer with the revised Bayesian matching.  I have found
that sometimes it is good at assigning accounts to incoming transactions
and other times it is awful.  One example is transactions where Starbucks
recharges my wife's online app with $25.00 two or three times a month,
GnuCash has seen this transaction 130 times according to the Import Map
Editor, yet it cannot assign this transaction to the correct expense
account.  There are several other common transactions at certain businesses
that do not get assigned even though they have appeared many times.  It
used to work better in the old version that was in the 2.6.x releases. Is
this a bug?

--
David Carlson