[GNC] Possible to display two account registers on screen?

Kalpesh Patel kalpesh.patel at usa.net
Fri Feb 4 12:31:54 EST 2022

I did this sort of migration (from Quicken) many moons ago and my
recommendation is to perform reimport with slight modification in in the
process. First delete the second account and all transactions that are in
the second account. You can do so in bulk by deleting the account and while
deleting the account it will prompt you what do you want to do with the
existing transactions in that account, which is to delete them. After
deleting transactions and the account, re-import them again. Now if it finds
same transactions, it should display matched transactions and then confirm,
and if not it will create them in the existing account as you will get a
chance to specify what you want to do with them during the import. At this
step you can be choosy and select which transactions to import (and
reconcile), if you want to.

As I mentioned before, you can delete an account and during deleting an
account, it gives you option to move those transactions to another account
as well or delete them outright so you can move them into one account and
then delete what appears to be duplicate transactions.

Make sure you make backup copy of the existing file to revert to in case you
don't like result of what the new outcome looks like in that modified
re-import process and want to rollback.

Message: 7