[GNC] Possible to display two account registers on

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 21:38:24 EST 2022

The Windows  menu choice is just to the left of the Help menu choice.
There are two choices in the drop down,  New Window and New Window with
Page.  I just tried the first choice and I got a blank window with one menu
choice Close the Currently Active Page, which is literally not doing
anything.  According to Htop GnuCaash is process #3918 and it has 31% of
RAM but 0 % of CPU right now.  It has been a couple of minutes now.   Htop
can distinguish 8 individual threads in the GnuCash process.  The main one
has used 1.38.30 clock time and it is getting a few CPU cycles.  None of
the other threads seem to be getting any additional time.   How long should
I wait?

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 6:40 PM Art Chimes <artsonline at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand the "with Page" phrase. What does that mean?
>
> The suggestion of changing the default behavior to ALWAYS open a new
> window would seem to result in quite a bit of desktop clutter, at
> least for me. In nearly all cases in the three years I've been using
> Gnucash, having all accounts open in one window is definitely
> preferable, but good to know it's an option for those who need/want
> it.
>
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 4:26 PM Ken Pyzik <pyz01 at outlook.com> wrote:
> >
> > Using windows 11 (and probably 10) ver. 4.9, in the top menu there is an
> menu called WINDOWS.  If you click on that menu and click the New Window
> with page option -- you will get two windows for the same account.  This
> will get you the desired results I believe you want.
> >
> > Cheers!  -- Ken

David Carlson