[GNC] Help with reconcile menu

Martin Dupras martindupras at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 11:40:10 EST 2022

Hi,

I'm still relatively new to GnuCash, so I may be misunderstanding something.

I have an account for which I have entered several years of transactions
(not as they happening, as an exercise to look at my expenses for the last
three years.)

All of the transaction amounts on the account are correct; but somewhere
along the way something happened which broke the reconciliation. What seems
to happen is that whenever I try to reconcile, the ending balance is
correct, but the opening balance is wrong.

The opening balance on the account is right, and it's the first transaction
for the account. Yet, when I try to reconcile it, the dialogue window shows
"Starting Balance: £1000.00".

I can't see an invisible transaction anywhere (all boxes ticked in the
"status" tab of "Sort By").

Can anyone clarify how GnuCash figures out this £1000? If I knew where to
look, I might be able to fix it.

Thanks!

- martin