[GNC] Flatpak 4.9-2 Online Quotes not working (name resolution issue?)

Guille Lopez willelopz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 15:54:34 EST 2022

Hello,

Since I updated to GnuCash Flatpak 4.9-2 I cannot get the Online quote retrieval to work. Reverting to Flatpak 4.9-1 fixes de problem.

I tried to do a little bit of "debugging" starting the /bin/sh inside the Flatpak and running some network-related commands (not much is available though).

- In 4.9-1  "wget google.com" returns 200 OK
- In 4.9-1  "wget 172.217.18.110" return 200 OK
- in 4.9-2  "wget google.com" returns "unable to resolve host address ‘google.com’"
- In 4.9-2  "wget 172.217.18.110" return 301 Moved permanently and then "unable to resolve host address ‘www.google.com’".
- In 4.9-2  "wget 192.168.X.Y(local network)" return 200 OK so the network seems to be working.

It looks to me that the name resolution is not working properly. Normally I would assume this to be a problem linked Flatpak installation rather than GnuCash but when I upgrade/downgrade for debugging only the GnuCash Flatpak is changing.

Does anyone have any idea about this issue? I am reluctant to raise a bug yet since I cannot really exclude my own environment here...

Thanks!
Guille