[GNC] No Stock Quotes - OS Monterey, Gnucash 4.8(Build ID: 4.8a+(2021-09-28))

dennis adams smada46 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 9 23:05:39 EST 2022

John, thanks for the response.  I believe I have the full XCode (32GB worth) but don’t know for sure since I don’t use it.  I only have it because of GC.  I hadn’t opened it but did after your response and told it to install the “additional components”.  After that, I ran the “gnc-fq-update” command again and got the “You need to install the following Perl modules: Finance::Quote” result when I ran a check, like before.  Terminal info is attached.  (Note: I changed the GC app name from Gnucash 4.8.app to just Gnucash.app so you will see that change in the sudo command line).

You stated that on your mac, “xcrun” and “make”are in the /usr/bin.  Not sure where that is but I right clicked the xCode app and then clicked show contents.  With this following path: xCode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin   I did find “make” but did not find “xcrun”.  Is that the correct location where they should be?  There are a lot of other xc—— commands but no “xcrun”

You stated I could install command-line tools by running  “xcode-select —install”.  Even though I think I have the full xCode with 32.12 GB, I went ahead and ran the command.  Since I am on slow DSL (2.87Mbps) it showed 215 hours remaining to download so I stopped it.

Any other thoughts or ways to get “xcrun”?