[GNC] No Stock Quotes - OS Monterey, Gnucash 4.8(Build ID: 4.8a+(2021-09-28))

smada46 at hotmail.com smada46 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 10 20:48:59 EST 2022

John, David   Partial Success

Ran the commands in John’s last response and the Price Database Get Quotes button is now working.  Attempted to download quotes but got no quotes for any stock.  Looked at a sampling of stocks in Security Editor to make sure that Get Online Quotes had not been unchecked and that the type and source of quotes was identified and they were all good.  When I previously ran David’s commands to get the certificate collection I got an error similar to the one I was getting with gnc-fq-update and was unable to get Mozilla::CA.  So thinking I may still have a certificate problem, I ran “sudo cpan” again and got the following:

Last login: Thu Feb 10 17:53:28 on ttys000
dwa1 at dwa1 ~ % sudo cpan
Password:
Terminal does not support AddHistory.

To fix enter>  install Term::ReadLine::Perl

There seems to be running another CPAN process (pid 14690).  Contacting...
Other job not responding. Shall I overwrite the lockfile '/Users/dwa1/.cpan/.lock'? (Y/n) [y]

Having gone through everything so far I’m not sure about overwriting files etc since at least the button is working.  Any guidance on what to do here so I can get to CPAN and run “install Mozilla::CA” to see if the certificate is the issue now in not getting stock prices?

Thanks