[GNC] getting Online_Quotes to work on MacOS

coolnodje coolnodje at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 16:22:13 EST 2022

Hi,

I was just following the Online_Quotes doc,  installing Finance::Quote
and trying to get some quotes.

I've been doing:

➜  bin sudo ./gnc-fq-update

[...]

All tests successful.
Files=56, Tests=82,  4 wallclock secs ( 0.06 usr  0.06 sys + 3.38 cusr
0.51 csys =  4.01 CPU)
Result: PASS
   BPSCHUCK/Finance-Quote-1.51.tar.gz
Tests succeeded but one dependency not OK (Test::Perl::Critic)
   BPSCHUCK/Finance-Quote-1.51.tar.gz
   [dependencies] -- NA
➜  bin ./gnc-fq-check

You need to install the following Perl modules:
   Finance::Quote

Use your system's package manager to install them,
or run 'gnc-fq-update' as root.
missing-lib
➜  bin

I'm not too sure why Finance::Quote isn't found after an install.
Relaunching my terminal trying in a fresh shell doesn't make any difference.

I'm using zsh on latest MacOS, have setup ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEYin Gnucash
GUI preference and in .zshrc.

-nodje