[GNC] Stock Merger

Al vanilla.sources at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 23:30:55 EST 2022

I'm having trouble getting my head around setting up a stock merger. The
merger in question is the recent Xilinx AMD merger.

Pre-merger I held 800 shares of XLNX. After the merger I have received
1.7234 shares of AMD for each XLNX share (1378.72 shares). I received
$85.65 "Cash in Lieu" for the .72 shares leaving a total of 1378 shares.

Using the Gnucash Stock Split Assistant to the best of my abilities
results in me now having 1378 shares of XLNX along with the $85.65
correctly added to the cash account at my brokerage.

So how does XLNX become AMD? Am I supposed to create a new AMD entry and
transfer the shares somehow? Or maybe just change the name and ticker
symbol?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Al