[GNC] Stock Merger

Al vanilla.sources at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 13:07:34 EST 2022

David Carlson wrote:
> You are very close!  Yes, you do need to create a new security and
> security account under your broker account for AMD first.  Then you
> could re enter or possibly just edit your split transaction to output in
> AMD instead of XLNX.

Thanks David. I ended up editing the splits. Not sure if it is 100%
correct but I did end up with 1378 shares of AMD, 0 shares of XLNX and
no imbalances.

One thing that I noticed is that running the Advanced Portfolio Report
shows a cost basis of $0.00 for AMD. If that's the only problem I'm OK
with that as it's easy enough to figure out the cost basis whenever I
might sell.

I've attached the images of the splits, please let me know if this looks
reasonable.

Thanks!

Al