[GNC] Scheduled Transaction Editor Bug

Dale Alspach alspachde at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 23:21:47 EST 2022

Flathub gnucash 4.9-1 on Linux Mint 20
Today I tried to edit a scheduled transaction with splits that has one line
for selling part of a mutual fund. All of the other lines refer to accounts
in dollars. When I tried to save changes I received a pop-up that the
transaction could not be automatically created because of variables (there
were none) or multiple commodities (only one other than the currency
dollars). I could only get out of the edit by canceling.
Next I tried creating an instance of the transaction and then using
"schedule" to create a scheduled transaction. This worked if I accepted
what was automatically produced. If instead I clicked Advanced even with no
changes to the template transaction, the editor refused to save the
scheduled transaction.
Apparently the editor is no longer happy to set the share price at $1 and
fill in the shares correspondingly. While I was not fond of that behavior,
the current behavior is worse.
Before I create a bug report, could someone else see if this occurs ?
Dale