[GNC] Potential Computational Errors

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Feb 18 08:16:03 EST 2022

HI,

Thank you for sending this, however I still cannot understand what the
proposed computation error is.  First, I don't read the language(s) in the
image.  Second, you're not showing a picture of a GnuCash register, and
due to the language issue I cannot tell *WHAT* it is a picture of.  Based
on that, I have no way to divine what the computation is supposed to be,
in order to even verify that the computation is wrong.

I *WILL* say that it looks like you are using two currencies.

It looks like you have three entries in ¥ but then the last entry appears
to be in a different currency (Yuan?  I'm not sure what that character
means).

Assuming I am correct, then the "computation" is going to be based on the
exchange rate you entered.  But I cannot tell if this is a single
transaction or what.

Can you show this in the GnuCash Register UI (with colored lines)?

Thanks,

-derek

On Thu, February 17, 2022 6:58 pm, Gao Bite wrote:
> GnuCash Developers & Maintainers:
>
>       Hello! This is the attachment which I originally planned
> to send.
>
>      Yours,
>    Bite Gao
> Feb 17th, 2022
>
> On Thu, February 17, 2022 9:08 am, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> HI,
>>
>> On Thu, February 17, 2022 9:08 am, Gao Bite wrote:
>>> GnuCash Developers & Maintainers:
>>>
>>>       Hello! I have recently found a mismatch computation result from
>>> your software.
>>>
>>> It may be a computational mistake, or a special accounting standard. I
>>> would like to know
>>>
>>> whether it is.
>>>

>>>       Yours,
>>>
>>>       Bite Gao
>>>
>>> Feb 17th, 2021

>>> Image which describes potential error:
>>>
>> This list scraps all HTML and embedded images.  You need to attach them
>> get them through the list.  As a result, we cannot see what potential
>> computation error you seem to be seeing.

>> -derek

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745