[GNC] Stock Merger

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 00:59:33 EST 2022

Although the UI allows 1 transaction with splits in >1 stock, I believe
that there's zero likelihood that portfolio reports are written to handle
them. Therefore I would recommend that a stock merger is recorded as two
separate transactions -- (1) original stock sale as cash into the broker
account, recording capital gains in the process. (2) using the cash to
purchase new stock. This is very likely the cleanest record of a stock
merger. There's an upcoming stock-transaction assistant being worked on
which will assist creating stock transactions, and will *not* be able to
handle a stock merge in 1 step.