[GNC] Why does the balance sheet report list positions with zero balances?

km22 km22 at gmx.com
Sun Feb 20 07:16:42 EST 2022

Hi,

Following up on a post made here:
https://money.stackexchange.com/questions/146779/gnucash-why-does-the-balance-sheet-report-list-positions-with-zero-balances

It reads: I am using GnuCash 4.8. I have opened the "Balance Sheet"
report and in Options deselected "Include accounts with zero total
balances". I have a brokerage account that hold some stocks currently
but has also held other stocks previously. The report is showing the
previous stocks with a zero position. The expected behavior would be for
the stocks with no holdings to not be displayed. Why is the report
showing stocks with zero holdings - and how can I fix this?

Attached is a simple example file.  In the screenshot below you can see
I have de-selected to "Include accounts with zero total balances" but
the example security "UST1" still appears in the balance sheet with zero
position size.  How do I get the balance sheet report to not show
securities with no position?

Thanks,

Ken