[GNC] Can't play log files

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 23:18:38 EST 2022

Don
There sould be no need to play the logfiles on simply moving to a new system.
All that should really be necessary is to copy the data file from one system to
the other.  If you were using any save reports, these can also be copied.  the
data file has the format <yourfilename>.gnucash.  if you copy that to a suitable
location on your new system and then start GnuCash and then use File->Open from
the menu to open the datafile you should be good to go.

You should only need to use the backups and restore from the logfiles if GnuCash
crashes during operation (very rare on Linux) and corrupts your main data file.

David Cousens