[GNC] Directly posting payments

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 20:14:10 EST 2022

If you're so inclined, you are very welcome to create a transaction from
Bank to A/Payable, then assign as payment to the vendor eg restaurant or
grocery store. You can use the Vendor Report to show all payments. To be
useful you'll want to create Bill from Vendor which then posts from A/P to
the appropriate expense account eg Expenses:Restaurant. You'll be able to
match the payments to the bills. Ideally you'll create the bill first then
the payment afterwards.

But most of us wouldn't do this: we'd create payment from Bank to
Expense:Restaurant directly. If we want to report all restaurant purchases,
simply open the restaurant register and run an account report.