[GNC] (no subject)

Stephen M. Butler Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 16:01:46 EST 2022

On 2/22/22 11:24, Thomas Boerner wrote:
> Mario,
>
> under Linux Gnucash stores its settings using dconf. You can view them with the dconf-editor). Inside dconf you will find your gnucash settings, including the file history, under org/gnucash/GnuCash (Older versions of GNC used org.gnucash).
> In the filesystem it's in ~/.config/dconf/user, so this is the file you are looking for. Since nearly all applications store their user related settings under ~/.config/, it's worth a thought to backup this folder entirely (including "hidden" files with names starting with a period).
> But I agree Steve that it's an even better idea to backup your whole home directory on a regular base.
>
> Thomas

I added these commands to my .profile file so the backup will even get a
list of current installed packages:

dpkg --get-selections > .BackupInfo/Package.list
rm -rf .BackupInfo/etc-apt/*
cp -R /etc/apt/* .BackupInfo/etc-apt
apt-key exportall > .BackupInfo/Repo.keys 2> /dev/null

So those run every time I log into my user account.  The nightly backup
(deja vu) sends it's output to a NAS sitting on the network. That NAS is
backed up regularly to off-line storage in one of my out-buildings.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com
kg7je at arrl.net