[GNC] Profit & Retained Earning don't match

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Feb 25 16:14:06 EST 2022

Is it possible that you are missing an account in one of the reports?

For example, if you ran the report, then added an account, that new
account would not be included by default in the report if you refresh it.
You need to manually add the new account into the report.

This also applies to saved reports.

-derek

On Tue, February 22, 2022 5:16 pm, John Wilson wrote:
> When I did our church's books for January 2022 the profit from the
> Profit & Loss account and retained earnings on the balance sheet do not
> match by $539.95
>
> The Net income in the P&L a/c is $193,748.66 and on the BS it has shrunk
> to $193,208.71.
>
> I cannot see an error in the figures and $539.95 does not occur in any
> transactions.
>
> I wonder if I have set up the new set of books wrongly.
>
> The attached screenshots are of my tree of accounts starting at 11-37-37
>
> A fresh set of eyes would be appreciated
>
> John

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745