[GNC] Automatic sales tax

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Mon Feb 28 18:58:20 EST 2022

> It's incredibly complex. And Australians have all been led to believe
> that we have the most complex tax system on the planet.
>
> Liz

The reason is that here in the US sales tax is not national. The US is a
federation of states and commonwealths. You would not be surprised if 50
countries had highly different rules about sales tax, whether or not had
one, what rates and what applied to and we were discussing transactions
crossing country boundaries. So why does it seem surprising with our states.

We haven't even begun to discuss another level of complexity for the
proposed software to deal with. It would also have to be able to be
turned off for each state by date range! That's because it is not at all
unusual for the governor of a state that has sales tax to declare a "tax
holiday" << to boost business >>

Michael D Novack