[GNC] How to customize the default invoice (on print invoice button)

Shanti shanti at mildred.fr
Sat Jan 1 17:08:06 EST 2022

Hello,

I'm trying to configure GNUCash so I can have nice invoices with it, and
I used the "taxinvoice" report and I could configure it to my needs.
Then, in the GNUCash preferences, business tab, I set the taxinvoice to
be the default invoice report for prints.

What I don't understand is how to apply default settings to the
taxinvoice report generated when I click on the print button. Now, I get
an unconfigured report. is there a way to specify which report
configuration to use by default ?

If it's not currently possible, can it be added in the code, where
should I look to add this feature?

I could trace it to :

- function gnc_invoice_window_print_invoice :
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/970e9af3423eb50b9823d264cf6685ccad0b2973/gnucash/gnome/dialog-invoice.c#L805
- function
gnc:invoice-report-createhttps://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/a85520de7b222ac61fca2bf264143996bddc311b/gnucash/report/reports/reports.scm#L69
- function gnc:make-report-options
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/a85520de7b222ac61fca2bf264143996bddc311b/gnucash/report/report-core.scm#L417
- function gnc:report-template-new-options
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/a85520de7b222ac61fca2bf264143996bddc311b/gnucash/report/report-core.scm#L289

In the code it seems to create the options from scratch, possibly
populating it from a stylesheet. But I don't see a stylesheet type with
the same options as a taxinvoice. Is this a feature missing in
taxinvoice? Are stylesheets supposed to be the way to populate options
for newly created reports? Why not use saved reports?

Thank you for the information you can provide.

PS: please Cc me back as I'm not subscribed to the list, thank you

Shanti