[GNC] GNUCash 4.9

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 14:32:24 EST 2022

Steve,
In Windows you have a folder called Documents or similar.  Using your file
explorer create a sub folder in Documents called "MyGnucsahData" or
whatever you like.  Then, as the others here have said, move your  data
file there either with your file explorer or by using File > Save As from
inside GnuCash.  Then set your GnuCash preferences using Edit > Preferences
> Retain Log/Backup files to save them for 30 days or 7 days, but forever
would, IMHO, be too long.

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 1:13 PM Glenn Fowler <gfowler1 at outlook.com> wrote:

> Just use File Explorer and move it to the folder you prefer and then open
> from new location with File > Open in GnuCash
>
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 1:59 PM Steve Mortimer <noahsark0852 at att.net>
> wrote:
>
> > How do I get the main program to save other than to the desktop?
> > Steve
> >
> > > Dan Black <mailto:dblack2001 at outlook.com>
> > > Monday, January 3, 2022 12:21 PM
> > > You seem to be saving your main file on the desktop, which is not a
> > > good practice. The program will save a backup and a log file in the
> > > folder where the main file is located. In your email, you show the log
> > > file and lock file. The lock file should be deleted when you close the
> > > program.
> > >
> > > Dan
> > >

> > > On January 3, 2022 12:51:15 PM Steve Mortimer <noahsark0852 at att.net>
> > > wrote:
> > >

> > > Steve Mortimer <mailto:noahsark0852 at att.net>
> > > Monday, January 3, 2022 11:50 AM
> > > I have been running Gnucash on this computer, Win10, for sometime now
> > > and have been having the same problem all along.  I have upgraded to
> > > version 4.9.  When I close the program there are two files that are
> > > not removed from the desktop and I have to go and delete the
> > > manually.  If I do not delete them manually after each time I close
> > > the program the program just keeps adding more of the same files to
> > > the desktop.
> > >
> > > The files are:
> > > 1223GNUCASH.gnucash.20...0103063517.gnucash.LCK
> > > 1223GNUCASH.gnucash.201...cash.20220103114501.log
> > >
> > > What do I need to do so these files are deleted every time the program
> > > is closed?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Steve Mortimer
> > >
> > > 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (ESV)
> > > All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for
> > > reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness that the
> > > man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work
> >
> > --
> > Steve Mortimer
> >
> > 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (ESV)
> > All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for
> > reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness that the man
> > of God may be complete, equipped for every good work
> > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
> > -----

David Carlson