[GNC] AqBanking Online Set Up

Jesse MacDougall macdougall.jesse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 00:17:31 EST 2022

Merci, that eliminates two of the options.  I see a forum to a missing
institution and connections
http://www.ofxhome.com/ofxforum//viewforum.php?id=3.  I see someone two
years ask about Canadian Banks.  No response
http://www.ofxhome.com/ofxforum//viewtopic.php?id=49825

Here someone says TD Bank Canada is not listed but USA is =(
http://www.ofxhome.com/ofxforum//viewtopic.php?id=49482

A Quicken friend who uses Royal Bank as well?

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 8:26 PM john <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> Nope. HBCI (now called FinTS) works *only* with *German* Banks. The Royal
> Bank of *Canada* is absolutely not a German bank and isn't likely to
> support HBCI.
> EBICS is also German only.
>

> https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/onlinebanking/bankingusertips/accountingsoftware/index.html
> <
> https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/onlinebanking/bankingusertips/accountingsoftware/index.html>
> suggests that RBC might support OFX Direct Connect based on the list of
> software they claim to support, but they're not listed in
> https://www.ofxhome.com/ <https://www.ofxhome.com/> so you'd have to find
> the connection parameters some other way. The simplest would be to find a
> friend who has Quicken and see if it knows how to connect.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls
>

> > On Jan 3, 2022, at 7:00 PM, Cam Ellison <cam at ellisonet.ca> wrote:
> >
> > On 2022-01-03 5:39 p.m., Jesse MacDougall wrote:
> >> Guy's, I'm stumped here.  My Bank is Royal Bank in Canada.  I have no
> idea
> >> where to get this information from.  When I call the bank they talk to
> me
> >> like I am a terrorist due to Iddiocracy.
> >>
> >> Never seen this side of technology before.  I read the AqBanking wiki
> but
> >> didn't advance.
> >>
> > Try selecting a range of transactions by date, and then downloading it.
> See what formats are available for download. The format of each line should
> tell you - or someone on this list with more knowledge than I - which of
> those options to use.  Most likely it's HBCI, but that's a wild guess on my
> part.
> >
> > There is likely at least one member of this list with an RBC account,
> besides yourself. I have only a credit card with them, and that format is
> different.
> >
> > Good luck with this
> >
> > Cam

> > -----

* Please consider adding jesse at macdougall.ninja to your address book.  This
will be my new address.  This gmail address is being retired.